

The Young and The Restless spoilers and updates reveal Billy Flynn (Cane Ashby) opens up about his decision to leave Days of Our Lives for Y&R.
He talked about it recently on the Soapy podcast, hosted by Rebecca Budig (Taylor Hayes of B&B) and Greg Rikaart (Leo Stark of DOOL).
Billy Talks About Overcoming Personal Challenges
Billy Flynn shares his journey of overcoming personal challenges, embracing sobriety, and rediscovering his passion as Cane Ashby.
For over a decade, Flynn has been a prominent figure in the daytime television scene, establishing himself as one of the most recognizable faces in soap operas through his celebrated portrayal of Chad DiMera on Days of Our Lives.
Now, as he takes on the role of Cane Ashby in The Young and the Restless, Flynn finds himself in a familiar position.
He’s stepping into the shoes of a legendary character for the second time in his career.
Billy’s Enjoying It Despite The Hurdles He Faced
Despite the hurdles he has faced, he is evidently enjoying every moment and remains fervently dedicated to daytime drama. Recently, Flynn appeared on the Soapy podcast-hosted by Greg Rikaart (Leo, Days) and Rebecca Budig (Taylor, The Bold and the Beautiful).
He candidly discussed a challenging period in his life, his path to sobriety, and the true motivation behind his move from Salem to Genoa City.
After securing the role of Chad DiMera in 2014, the sudden rise to fame brought with it an unexpected surge of intense anxiety. For years, Flynn battled with the constant worry that his newfound success could disappear at any moment.
Billy Feared Firing Every Day For A Decade On DOOL
“For a decade, I feared I would be let go from Days,” Flynn revealed. “I never altered a single item in my dressing room because I was certain they would inform me of my departure the next day.” The pressure intensified after the heartbreaking loss of his great-grandmother, whom he regarded as his true soulmate, aside from his wife, of course.
The sorrow weighed heavily on him; “I wasn’t leading a very healthy lifestyle,” Flynn confessed.
As his personal challenges began to impact his performance on set, the show’s executives notified him that they were temporarily writing his character out.
Flynn Recognized A Change Would Be Necessary
Yet, Flynn was already aware that a change was necessary; having married just a year earlier, he recognized that his life was spiraling out of control.
Therefore, he knew he had to take action, and he took charge of his future. “On my last day, I drove straight from there to rehab, and that’s where I found sobriety,” he shared. “Once I cleared away all those cobwebs and started to understand my grief and the sources of my fear, pain, and anxiety-that’s when I realized, ‘Oh wait, I do deserve this. I do deserve to be happy; I think I’m good at it-’ fortunately, they offered me another opportunity to return.”
Billy Felt Much Better, And His Colleagues And Producers Noticed
Upon his return to the set, Flynn was in peak physical and mental condition, and his colleagues and producers quickly noticed the change.
Flynn remarked on how fit he felt-during his visit, a producer caught up with him, sparking discussions about his comeback. Fast forward to now, and Flynn has embraced another significant recast-this time in a completely new environment.
Reflecting on this transition, Flynn shared that he and former Y&R Head Writer Josh Griffith had been discussing a potential move to Genoa City for some time. When the opportunity finally arose, Flynn had only a few months remaining on his Days contract.

The Timing Was Perfect
The timing was impeccable, although he confessed he had no clue which character he would portray until after signing the contract, at which point he learned he would be stepping into the shoes of Cane Ashby.
Taking on a role that was previously made famous by Daniel Goddard stirred up familiar nerves, but Flynn was eager for the challenge. “When I first began playing Chad, that anxiety resurfaced, and I thought, ‘I can’t do this… it’s too different.’ But it was everything I wanted to experience-the fear, the butterflies that I hadn’t felt at Days anymore,” Flynn confessed. “It’s not that I wasn’t enjoying it; it just didn’t thrill me anymore. I didn’t feel like I was being challenged or pushed.”
Flynn Worried If He Was The Right Choice For Cane
Flynn initially had doubts about whether he was the right choice for Cane; “I was younger, not Australian, and there were so many different factors.
The audience adored him and the relationship he had,” he remarked.; “It’s quite daunting.” However, despite the challenge of stepping into the shoes of a beloved character, Flynn is relishing his time in GC.
He also expressed admiration for Conner Floyd-who took over his previous role as Chad DiMera on Days-as well as his new colleagues at Y&R.
Flynn feels immense gratitude for the path his daytime career has taken; “I would gladly sign a 30-year contract right now if I had the chance,” Flynn beamed; “It’s been the most wonderful gift of my life.”
Be sure to catch up on everything happening with Y&R right now. Come back here often for The Young and The Restless spoilers, news, and updates.
The post The Young And The Restless Spoilers: Billy Flynn Opens Up About His Decision To Leave Days Of Our Lives For Y&R first appeared on Celeb Baby Laundry.
0 comments :
Post a Comment