

We all have our own unique ways of coping with stress, and for Don Diamont’s father, it was watching his son live his dream of being a TV star.
When the now-late Albert Diamont was undergoing treatment for his cancer, he found that the world was a little bit brighter when he tuned in to watch one of his son’s numerous Soap appearances.
5 Key Takeaways
- Diamont remembers his father
- Albert battled cancer
- Y&R brought him comfort
- His father rarely praised
- One compliment meant everything
Don Diamont Remembers His Father’s Final Years
Don Diamont Recalls How ‘The Young and the Restless’ Helped Cement His Relationship With His Father During His Final Years
I think that any parent’s prayer for their child/children is to be there when they succeed, or reach that place they’ve been dreaming of.
For Don Diamont, 63, having that bond with his father during his final years was the best thing he could have hoped for out of his career as a Soap star.
In 1984, Diamont would land his first big soap opera acting role as Carlo Forenza on ‘Days of Our Lives.’ The following year, he would join ‘The Young and the Restless’ as Brad Carltonin.
In his recent chat with PEOPLE, the star, who has gone on to make appearances in other notable Soap Operas, including ‘The Bold and the Beautiful,’ opened up about the final memories he made with his dad.
“My dad never knew my kids and my wife,” Diamont, who was 24 when his father died and 26 when his brother died. “I was really glad that I had been on Y&R thankfully a couple of years and was well entrenched there.”

He continued: “I felt that I had job security, and my dad was at least there to see that. And particularly he was sick, so he would be home, and he could watch the show.”
“I know that gave him a lot of comfort to see, particularly for the entertainment business, that I was on solid ground, that I was in a pretty stable situation, and that gave him comfort,” Diamont added.
A Rare Compliment Diamont Never Forgo
Diamont remembers his father as someone who “would not just throw out praise easily,” and would sincerely mean every praise he gives out.
“As I recall, we were driving home from him having a radiation treatment that I took him to, and we’re talking about life, and he said, ‘When you started, I didn’t think you were very good,’” Diamont recalled. “He said, ‘But now I watch, and you’re really good. You’ve just really learned a lot.’”
Diamont continued: “And that meant a lot to me because, as I said, he wouldn’t just throw it out there if it wasn’t true. It was great to hear him express that. I know that gave him comfort, and then it gave me comfort that I knew that that meant a lot to him.”
Be sure to catch up on everything happening with Soap Operas right now. Come back here often for all soap operas The Bold and the Beautiful spoilers, news, and updates.
The post Don Diamont Reveals The Heartbreaking Comfort His Soap Career Gave His Dying Father first appeared on Celeb Baby Laundry.
0 comments :
Post a Comment